Skip to main content

Adulting

Being a 23-year old woman who wants to follow Jesus and glorify Him in everything, is both a joy and a fear. I know that the Lord loves me and is in control of all things and just wants what's best for me and at the same time fearful of what the future holds. I am fearful that I might not like the person that He would want for me. But, I trust the Lord that what He wants glorifies Him but there is that thin line that is hard for me to surrender. The thought that I would not get along with the husband that He has for me. But, trusting Him that He is the best match-maker. I just have to look back at his track record.

My mission is to glorify God and so, if that is who God wants, that is what will glorify Him and that is where He can maximize me.

As I went full-time in the ministry, I have the desire to serve Him but I am afraid of a shadow mission to be prideful and by God's grace, He allowed me to serve Him with the right motives and now enjoying serving Him but in marrying, it is hard for me not to think of my shadow mission of having someone to have the leverage in discipling since I feel insecure with not being able to learn in the context of relationships. But, the Lord rebuked me that it is not in my strength and power but by His and that my security is in Him and my identity is not in who I am but in who Christ is, who is in me.

Humility, the word which I am not expert in. I am prideful and I am ashamed of that. It is my prayer that as 2017 enters, I would humble myself before the Lord and just surrender everything into His hands. That everything came from Him and I have no right to take anything from Him. All are His grace.

So, as I go to adulthood, as the Lord led me this year in satisfaction in the Lord, it is my prayer that He would sanctify me for the next years of my adulthood. Jesus is all that I need. How He loved me with all. How He cared for me and provided for me since the start. How He has been so faithful in providing. With this, it is my prayer that I would be a godly steward of all that He entrusted to me. To focus on what is at hand. My family, disciples and the ministry He entrusted under my care to establish His Kingdom here on earth. To live for eternity. By loving Him forever through the Holy Spirit's empowerment.

Humble yourselves before the Lord
James 4:10a 


In His Pursuit,
Michelle Aquino

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug