Skip to main content

Disney on knees

When your circumstance favors you, it's easy to trust God. But this life isn't like disneyland where it will always be enchanting.

One morning, (I usually wake up not early in the morning, I feel like I am a night-shifter. I work late.) I was awaken by my aunt, (Michelle, Michelle!) and so with my panic, I went down as fast as I could, like the flash! I went down and what I saw broke my heart.

My mom's knee. She bumped into our sofa.

There is no other thing that pains me more than seeing my mom not okay. (That is why I am rushing to finish this because she does not want me to stay late at the office.) The first thought that came to me when I saw her knee up its usual place is, I am not a doctor. My sister was out on duty and I don't know what to do. My aunt panicking and my mom's face cannot be painted, doesn't have an idea how to curl her whole leg up.

I prayed. I prayed aloud. I have no control in this. I don't know what to do. This is not what I studied in college. I know numbers but not knees. So, we went on our knees.
Before I finished my prayer, the knee went back to its place. *hands off to God*

I didn't do anything. It was all the Lord. All praise to Him. We thanked the Lord. I may not know what to do, but God knows.

Why is it hard for us to trust Him who wants the best for us? (This was from my disciple.)
Whatever the Lord wills, so be it.

It was a wake up call literally and figuratively for me to trust Him and to pray more. To come to Him. Because I don't hold this world. I don't hold the heart of anybody. I am not in control of anything.

Disney came from my disciple who got an injury in her knee so we called it this knee (DISNEY) and that knee. It helps to have sisters-in-Christ whom you could be accountable with and whom you could cry and laugh together with.

I will rejoice in the Lord whatever happens. He wants the best for me. I may not understand it now but I know that He loves me so much. Praise be to the Lord.

He is our Potter and we are the clay. Wehave no right to question Him on what He is doing because His will is good, acceptable and perfect. I may be in pain right now but it would be better for me to suffer knowing that this is the Lord's will to bring me in this heat to mold me than to be outside of the 'pugon' and not enjoy His presence.

It won't always be a disneyland experience but it will always be a happily ever after because of what Jesus has done on the cross to pay for the penalty of our sins and for us to be reconciled to Him and spend eternity with Him in Heaven, praising and glorifying Him. As the children's song says:

Jesus loves me! This I know, 
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! He who died,
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! loves me still,
When I'm very weak and ill;
From His shining throne on high,
Comes to watch me where I lie.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! He will stay,
Close beside me all the way;
He's prepared a home for me,
And some day His face I'll see.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Traditional, Words By: Anna B. Warner
Music By: Wm. B. Bradbury,Copyright Unknown



Dear God, Your will not mine. I surrender. You have Your way in me whatever You want. Sorry for manipulating and worrying. Help me to trust in You and use me mightily where You will lead me. Sorry for not thinking of what is true and pleasing to You. Thank You that You are my God. And I am secure in You. Thank You, Lord, I surrender.

In His Pursuit,
Michelle Aquino
michellleaquino@gmail.com
For  prayer concerns, send an email.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug