Skip to main content

Consistency

 



This would be how I would look like if asked what I would say to my younger self. Adding, I hope you obey God’s no consistently because it won’t get any easy as you get older. 

Sometimes, because we know that God is Gracious, we would already spend our lives in the way we want it to go knowing that God forgives and He rescues. But as what we have been repeating in this blog, we cannot escape the unnecessary pains that we could have missed if we just chose to yield to the Holy Spirit’s leading.

Consistency in your love for Jesus is difficult. A one-time high or a seasonal-high in basketball won’t give you the championship. It will just win you games but the goal is to not just win games, the goal is your whole self experiencing Christ and being transformed into His image. 

I learned about myself that whenever I feel like I’ve had enough of God for the day, I would stop being in His presence and will just do my thing. I make Him a to-do list that after talking to Him for the day, I would forget Him altogether and think and speak whatever way I want. After all, I am just being myself.

In the previous blog, I have told you how Iam knowing myself better and that can help you as you walk with Jesus ONLY IF YOU ALLOW HIM TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT ARE NOT PLEASING TO HIM IN YOUR LIFE.

Humility to admit that you need Jesus in your whole life. Experiencing Him deeper because a little knowledge of Him is dangerous. Pride will creep in and suddenly you are not in the center of His will. 

This quarantine season as I have said has magnified my character flaws. So, I will share the story of my acne. My sister is a dermatologist who passed the boards just this week. She gave me this topical that would purge the dirt on my face. OKAY YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT I JUST STARTED USING A CLEANSER JUST THIS YEAR. I know, ew. But you also have to know that I do not have acne prior to this year. I am pretty much afraid of chemicals placed on my face, that’s why. But since my sister scolded me about it, I obeyed. I used the purging agent and so acne came. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH PIMPLES OF MINE IN MY ENTIRE EXISTENCE AND IT MADE MY INSECURITY STRONG THAT I THANK GOD WE JUST HAVE ONLINE WORK CAUSE IT ISN’T SEEN ON SCREEN. A month, and it is still there. My sister would say that try it until two months if it does not stop, I will have to take some oral meds which bothered me because I don’t place chemicals on my face moreso inside me. 

It made me thought bad about my sister because she can’t even do anything about my face. I had to but these pa when in fact it doesn’t do me any good. Should I trust her? What if my face gets even worse? So, I just thought of the best, consistently placed the prescribed medicine on my face day in and day out and even prayed for my face (that’s how desperate I was) and just this week, the pimples stopped multiplying!!!! This is not a paid advertisement. 

What did I learn? Aside from cleaning my face which I believe was a seven year worth of dirt from commuting in the Manila area as I am a missionary in the universities there, that I have to face the purging. Unless it is dealt with, I won’t have a clean face. My character must be pruned. And as I thought about some of the things God is dealing with me why I did not obey Him is one because I grew up without a dad that is why I did not experience having a protection of a Father so I would decide on my own but what got me was if I know that God who knows best and loves me so much, more than my imperfect sister does, how can I not entrust my life to Him and obey His commands? Because after all, He just wants me to experience a full life in Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug