Skip to main content

When Jesus Say Yes Nobody Can't Say No

I was really puzzled what to write about our c'ship! It was God who allowed us to be here and all I can say is praise Him! Yes, there were factors why they won but how can you reconcile the will of God versus the skill of the basketball gods?

I can still remember the time while I was sitting in a bench at our school just this basketball season which is the first term of this school year, I glared at our trophy keeping and I just prayed about us getting the championship this year. At the time, you can't really say that we'll win, I promise you! No one will bet on us even the Nationalians won't say we'll win this year's title. We just lost our superstar this year. Who'll carry us through? And I remembered an incident where I told my La Salle and UST friends that this season is ours. Not boasting but sort of yes haha, I don't know why I put my faith in what God impressed on my heart to pray for. When you believe and not doubt, you'll receive what you ask from God if it pleases Him and if it's His will. So, know His will. If we are His, we'll know His leading because the sheep knows the voice of his Shepherd.

To be honest, I don't believe we had the best line-up in UAAP (University Athletics Association of the Philippines) and until now that we have the best college hoops in the Philippines, I believe it is Jesus who brought us here. You can stop reading if you don't believe God exists. (((:

I'll go a bit far from where I was discussing. This is a bit personal and I trust you guys reading this blog that I'm accountable to the Lord and to a set of girls plus the whole world. HAHA. It's hard not to listen to the world, not to listen to satan and his lies. Why? Because most of the time, they're sugarcoated and you really have to take that tough decision to take the 100% truth and not the 90% truth and 10% lie.

I trust God about the future and I don't have to manipulate it. Should we end up together, it would be a miss to not have spent my first finals experience with him but I believe we should preserve those good times in God's time and way and not me initiating it or planning it. Whoever you are, I really would love to see concerts, movies, basketball, volleyball games with you and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to bring you earlier. Don't worry, I didn't get the rookie jitters in our game earlier. I've resolved with the Lord to be joyful whatever the result may be. God is good whether we win or lose. I'm not saying this because we won today but we didn't get the title for sixty years and I know the feeling of losing. If ever you're not the man, it's all the more that I should've not brought you with me. As Paul said in his letter to Timothy, he believes God will keep what he entrusted to Him until that day. That we have to finish the race God has set before us and those are our priorities. My shoutout to You!

As I wait, I won't listen to satan, prepare myself, grow in the Lord, pray, surrender, trust, obey and do His work. Until that day that He'll get me from where I am now and be joined to His will.

Thanks to all those who prayed with us to bag the c'ship! All glory and honor to our Lord Jesus Christ! <3


From Michelle with Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug