Skip to main content

Palindrome

Bakit ka ba fearful?

A palindrome is something that when you put it backwards will give you the same result. The longest palindrome word in existence is tattarrattat according to google which is a chemical term meaning to remove tartrates.

Been drafting this since last week but the original draft was years ago. I never got the chance to finish  it. And I pray that tonight, I get to finish what I started. I am past way my bed time or actually no, because I have been watching the world cup up until 3am last night and 5am the other night. Lakas. In english, strong 😂✌🏽💪🏽. Please excuse me for my being informal with my emojis. 

On a serious note, I really do not know where tonight’s blog is going to end up. I would at times just think of something to write about when I am not ready to write and now that I am in front of my phone typing, I have nothing to say. What a life.


I just thought tonight while watching the basketball brawl in FIBA World Cup Qualifiers wherein the game ended up with five is to three players, if they have Lebron in the team with just three players, they can still win, because He is so damn good. And now he’s in LA, will I be back in LA or stay solid with GS? What will happen to the east side?


I would like to go back to my first question in this blog. Why am I fearful? I can still remember a blog post I had in this page about not knowing whom you are trusting.


Pero this past weeks, what I am really learning is coming to Him again. I knew I was stagnant because I am depending on myself. My trust was in my frail self. And so pride kicked in. And my everyday prayer today is that the Lord would break me so that I could have Him and His presence to comfort me every single day, literally single. You see, I try  to get my security in relationships, but as the Lord stripped off my relationships, I started allowing God to pursue me and see how He loves me so much.


I have been reading the book of Leviticus which somewhat makes me think if I could learn anything from it, but of course yes, if I value even the non-sense messages of my crush, how can I not value God’s word in Leviticus? I am learning His heart to forgive the people when they sin. To not avenge but know that we are accountable to God and we are to be humble and purge those sins and live holy lives because God is holy. And in the process bringing glory to God as I set an example to my disciples that in the midst of pain, we can find peace and joy in His presence doing His will.


I will be forever regretful of how I put shame on God’s name when I reacted angrily to others and how I made others sin by my emotions not intact. This is what I learned from the basketball brawl. That it mirros who I am. That I am not to compare myself with others but to live out and be the best where God has called me. Because whatever happens, even though they put it backwards, it will be the same if that is what the Lord has purposed to do. Take comfort in that He is Good. Always. 


More than holding on to His promises, hold on to the Promise- maker. Hope in Him. Leviticus 19, fourth year is to be holy to praise Him. I still do not see His way, if it will even happen, but despite of it not happening, my desire is Jesus and He will be with me kahit masakit.


Dear God, forgive me for hurting You. Please break me so that I will be stripped off of myself and live for You and You alone. Be magnified. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug