Skip to main content

Sponge

This quarantine season has got me kwahzy. It gave me time to think about my life. It magnified my flaws and it gave me time to pause because commute time was deducted from my everyday life. 

It may either make us bitter or better. While having a Sunday service with my family today, you know the feeling of watching a tv show that now narrates the morale of the story? Or the bida would at least tell the audience of his or her realizations.

Let me share with you how I am imperfectly walking with the Lord and it is my prayer that you would also experience Christ in this season.

At the onset of the quarantine, I was restless. Adjusting from a field work to a home work in no time is needed. Not to mention the responsibility of putting up your family. Making sure that everyone is safe and provided for. It wasn’t an easy ride. 

So every time I would hear or see anything annoying, I would turn to my family and they absorb my anger. There was this one time that I got into a discussion with my mom over a sponge that needs to be discarded. Like what on earth did I just do? Exchanged my mom for a filthy dishwashing sponge?

Our greatest enemy isn’t covid, it is unseen also, it is spiritual battle. Maybe that is why the bible told us that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12  And that we should take the full armor of God. 

The things that happen to us really isn’t the issue, but our response. Will we humble ourselves to pray about our circumstance and surrender it to the Lord allowing Him to work in our midst by molding our characters into His image as He wants what is best for us.

Another issue in my life that I saw this quarantine up close and personal is my insecurity which I will share on my birthday blog. 💐 How God teaches me of individuality.

My issue this quarantine is my humility before God. I don’t even want to give my time in prayer and bible reading. I do not want people correcting me because I feel like I know better which I don’t.

I thank God that He is patient with me. In the breaking, there is breakthrough. If I don’t get to this point of pain, I may not be able to see Him again. God really knows me perfectly.

And so, as I spend time with my family at home, it has made me realize how I need to adjust myself and how I treat them more than demanding them to treat me how I want them to treat me. It takes God’s grace to humble ourselves and allow Him to prune us for His glory. Why? Because of His grace as well.

How can we say no to sin? Through His grace. But why? Because of his grace. I learned that in myself, it isn’t fear that will keep me holy. It is His immeasurable gace in my life. But don’t discount fear of God. Him being a Holy Father will keep us in the truth.

I am learning that there are consequences of sin. And God is a rewarder. I have seen how sin creeped in to our line. How I have decided to compromise and its serious effects now. It wasn’t worth it. But the time you committed it seems like, well God’s grace is available. We minimize God and we maximize ourselves. 

Rest in the Lord. Your wrestling with Him won’t do you any good, I tell you. 😜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug