Skip to main content

Took Me A While

When you do the right things for others yet it is not appreciated.

I believed so many lies of satan with just 24 hours after knowing how filled you are. Have you experienced that? One minute you are filled the second to it you are totally controlled by yourself and I call this being controlled by the evil knowing that we are spiritual beings.

First, when everybody have deserted you, know that God is near. When you feel like the whole world has gone against you, that is not true. When the people that you have helped do not reciprocate it.

Sharing with you an excerpt from The Bondage Breaker of Neil T. Anderson that I read after feeling so down.

Sacrifice the Temporal to Gain the Eternal
Possibly the greatest sign of spiritual maturity is the ability to postpone rewards. Hebrews
11:24-26 says: "By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be called the son of
Pharaoh's daughter; choosing rather to endure ill-treatment with the people of God than to
enjoy the passing pleasures of sin; considering the reproach of Christ greater riches than
the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward." It is far better to know that we
are the children of God than to gain anything that the world calls valuable. Even if
following Christ results in hardships in this life, He will make it right in eternity.
Satan's ultimate lie is that you are capable of being the god of your own life, and
his ultimate bondage is getting you to live as though his lie is truth. Satan is out to usurp
God's place in your life. And whenever you live independent of God, focusing on
yourself instead of on the cross, preferring material and temporal values to spiritual and
eternal values, he has succeeded. The world's solution to this conflict of identity is to
inflate the ego while denying God the opportunity to take His rightful place as Lord.
Satan couldn't be more pleased—that was his plan from the beginning.


We have to be reminded that we are God's children. That we have the authority to cast the bad spirits in us. As we serve Christ, who you are must always take precedence over what you do.

Last holy week, my sister and I served the Coron people through medical mission. I shared the gospel while my sister looked at their physical well-being. But, sometimes as we serve God, we forget Him. That we are first His.

Sometimes also, I would feel like I don't belong to any group. That is why I wanted to just build friendships outside of church. But I was reminded that wherever we are, we should still be follower of Christ. As we plan for a surf outside of Manila, it is my prayer that we get to know God more and to honor God in our friendships. That satan would not have a foothold in us.

Will share some of the photos from Coron, Palawan.

As we were on the plane, I was reminded how small I am compared to my big God who created all these.
As we made our way into the hills, the plane made iwas and it made our stomachs to be uncomfy.
As I iwas to what God doesn't want to not be a consequence, it will be uncomfy
but I know God, You won't let me go as I say no.

The simplicity of a poblacion.

Our God's Great design.

The vastness of the sea is God's love for us.

This made me in awe.

Wherever you look, God's Greatness.

Our God is our Rock.

The waters have always scared me but knowing I have my lifejacket, I have the Lord, I have nothing to be worried about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug