Skip to main content

He Pursued Me

Sin is rebellion towards God has been so real to me this week. You see (favorite line haha), I am a person who thinks that I love God (o diba ang proud haha) and I am good enough but this week, God has been revealing how sinful I am and my need of Him in my life. My total depravity as a man apart from Christ. Ang saya pala, not to sin, but to just see how I need Christ more but there is also a part that it is hard to obey. So, in the smallest of details, we should start obeying so we would not be callous in doing what God wants us to do. It is painful and it is a commitment because most of the time, I do not feel like being kind to people.

Sometimes, sin gets the better of me, or should I say everyday, may episodes talaga (huhu kakahiya) but this should not continue but instead be changed by the transforming power of the Holy Spirit indwelling in me and allowing Him to fill me and empower me. I would think badly of others thus judging them and so, I would rather read the bible and memorize scriptures instead of lurking in social media or just staring blankly in space.

It is my prayer that I would not put shame on God's name in any way so as not to hurt my God.

So, last night technically was my birthday, it is already 00:46 Philippine time and so it isn’t my birthday anymore. That quick. I was just so happy last night to watch the France-Belgium footy and now, it is England-Croatia in a bit. How fast time flies. I was just thinking last night how to rest and enjoy my birthday and now it has passed, I am thinking of work again for tomorrow. Sana ganito kabilis yung time na paghihintay ko for the man God wants me to marry, BUT, today, I praise the Lord for filling my heart not just with the people around me but because of Jesus.

The question is, what have I discovered recently about myself and how to live?

While running today, I actually ran under the rain today!!!!! I am so proud of myself! Sorry for my pride huhu but it really is a joy for me to run kahit na may obstacles, kasi I fon’t want to be labeled a bandwagon in running pero I am a bandwagon in NBA, sorry. What can I do? (Of course I can do something haha not to be a bandwagoner) I’ve always love Lakers, since 2009 and earlier pa haha, though I thought of unfollowing them on twitter recently, good thing I did not because, Lebron signed up for us, o see? I am a fan haha. I am not a fan of Lebron but with him in the team, they’ve got a real chance of getting a place again. I cannot say that they can win the crown because GSW is still there. Going back to me being a fan of GSW when I learned about Steph Curry being a Christian, but I really fell in love with the team but I know my heart still beats for the Lakers.

I’ve always wanted basketball. But since I observed how obsessed I was with the sport to the point of no peace reigning in my heart anymore because of compromises, I distanced myself and just focused on what God has asked me to do. That is why, I was actually a little delayed with some infos because there was these years that I wasn’t well aware of the basketball news around me. It was painful but i didn’t die. I didn’t lose much actually. So, why can’t I let go of the world cup? I even slept 4am last night because of the game. Though I actually slept during the game haha.

That was the best time I had and I am not regretting it. There are things in our lives that we keep which do not necessarily have to be there and it pulls you off your focus on what truly matters. What is yours?

I have so many things running in my head what to write on my birthday blog but I would continue my story frim three paragraphs, that is how daldal I am. U was thinking of what to share with you in tonight’s blog while doing my birthday run. I am thankful to the Lord for the joy He gave me through people encouraging me in their greetings. It is my prayer that the Lord would comfort them as well and may I be a blessing to them also.

I never wanted my birthday. Maybe because all of the things that I expect never comes true. But, today was different, I made sure that this is Jesus’ day.

The only clear thing that I thought was for me to share what I have been learning from the Lord, as usual in this blog.

I just finished the book of Leviticus as per my last blog. I am in Numbers now and I really am enjoying this Pentateuch, for the first time. I am thankful to the Lord for giving me fresh insights and for giving me the desire to read His word. It is all His grace. Fot today, I learned about being careful how to read and interpret what God is saying. Like, allowing God to align the circumstances with His word and not trying to fit what I want into His word. Likethe rod of Aaron blossoming. I remember using that specifically for my lovelife two years ago but it didn’t turn out well. So, is God’s word, wrong? Of course not. I used it wrongly. I should focus on the Giver not the gift. That is pretty hard but I should also point people to Jesus thatnis the first step.

I discovered in myself that I didn’t really love God fully. I am not surrendered wholly. And I am not His completely. How hurtful was that? I am serving Him with my heart not right before Him. I hate thinking of it and I hate it that I still have that tendency. I am sucha frail human being who judges, who prays halfheartedly and who thinks bad of others as I compare myself with them. The reason why I was not growing spiritually.

Nanliit talaga ako. Grabe, parang wala na akong mukhang maiharap sa Ditos e. Ang bigat. Pero the Lord led me to His loving and forgiving arms. Thank You Lord Jesus for Your holiness and grace.

So today, I read an article on singleness and thinking of eternity. Honestly, I am proud thinking that I can already go have children and disciple them as I read aprneting books what I do not know is my heart was still longing for others to fill it. The problem is only Jesus can do so today, my third year anniversary of surrendering my ex, I want Jesus alone.

Jesus has pursued me and is pursuing me.


Dear God, You know my heart and I am sorry for my desires anf thoughts that hurt you. I thank you for Your forgiveness and love. I just want You. Thank You for Your presence in my birthday. And thank You for pursuing me, faithfully for the pst 25 years and I don’t want to neglect You anymore. Be my all. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug