Skip to main content

Tall Order

This isn't just the size of a coffee.

It calls for a big heart to respond to a tall order.

No compromise, loving others, obeying hundred percent bringing Him everything.

I have been steady with my walk for the longest time. And today, I feel so nervous with how my mom would respond to my shortcomings. You see, I am very much lenient with almost all things, and sometime even in my walk with the Lord. I am not very disciplined. And I fear that I will bring this to the future and not glorify God. My mom has her apartments for rent and I recommended tenants for one of the doors and they somewhat are not disciplined also in terms of payment and with money, I do not want to be pressured that is why I am very much maluwag in terms of handling finances despite of me taking Finance in college. I do not want tensions and when problems arise in terms of business, it is hard for me to balance being a follower of Christ and at the same time handling hard situations like asking for the agreed amount at the right time. For me, I really want to help people but I do not want to also hurt my mom by not doing my part. Ahhhhh. I do not want to compromise my testimony because it is Jesus' name that is at stake. Money will be here today and gone tomorrow. God will provide. Maybe, this won't be wise in business as how business people would say it but I know that my God will supply all our needs according to His riches in heaven. It is also an opportunity for me to pray for them to be disciplined. So with this, it also encouraged me to be disciplined in the aspects of my life.

Still with money talks, I can honestly say that for the past four years of being a campus missionary, God has been my provider. O, this topic coincides with my thank You, Lord notebook for the month of June that the Lord provides. It is my prayer that my mom would trust God and not be bugnot with money. All my life, the Lord has been my provider. I was even listening to a doctrine lesson today that we really have to know who God is in our lives so we could follow Him, the right view of who God is. So, second week of May, someone gave me something that the Lord impressed in my heart to giveaway also. I am not in dire need but I know that I need it to cover some expenses which I can save up as I was preparing for a trip out of the country. But, the moment I heard the news, I know it was the nudge of the Lord for me to give it to Him and to people who are in more need than me. I prayed more because I was in a stage that I really want to keep it but I know the Lord wants me to give it away. And so, after praying, I went out of the prayer room and went straight to the accounting area to give it to the building project. I was even crying reminding myself how God has faithfully provided for that same amount of money when I was in college to give to the building project. And now, God has freed me from relying on myself and started to trust Him to provide once again and I can attest for the nth time how the Lord has provided again and again and this time, I saved up more than the usual. Amazing God!

Please do not misquote me about being prosperity gospel sharer but we really cannot outgive our gracious God.

For the last part, I would want to share how the Lord led me to surrendering a person to the Lord despite of the fact that this might be the last person whom I can have. But the Lord reminded me of how Abraham sacrificed Isaac but the Lord provided. And I praise the Lord for allowing me to know Him more and serve Him with His presence. I praise the Lord for keeping my heart, my Father loves me so much and I can count on that, You can also count on that!

I am excited how the Lord would lead me to Him and my future husband in His way and will and time. <3 It would be a privilege to share it with you in the future, Lord-willing. My only prayer is that Jesus alone will be glorfied!

In His Pursuit,
Michelle Aquino

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug