Skip to main content

Surprised

I'm back! I started blogging this 2018 at the first two Wednesdays of January and I am continuing it for the last two Wednesdays of February. Commitment wasn't followed up. I'll jumpstart from that to start this blog for tonight.

I was not so excited for this year to come. I have mentioned it in my previous write up since 2017 was a pretty much for me, wasn't what I wanted it to be. Distracted. So this year, I wanted to start cool. No expectations but wanted to plan and stick to those plans. One of them is getting into the gym more regularly. I am very lukewarm about it since my mom would always tell me that I am too skinny to go to the gym which I don't get because I go to the gym for health purposes and not to get skinny but I believe that I was fooling myself. I really wanted to get that abs. Yes. I am honest now. And because of that goal, I started the year, well every year, I run on the first day of the year. And I did ball. And after I met with a friend from the states, she introduced me to indoor cycling which surprisingly I enjoyed. I never used the bike in the gym and I was baptized with fire on my first ride.

So, on the first ride, I booked a 7am class so I could escape the hustle in the streets but again, I was so surprised to see the sun rose and I am still waiting for a ride. I was late. And so, the crew handed me a waiver to fill out and waited there. But that day, I thank God that even though I missed my class, there was grace to put me to another class and I was able to share the gospel to the cab driver even though I felt bad that I paid more than usual because it was so traffic and I have no one pooling with me. But, thinking about it, whatever the cost of sharing Jesus is, it is always worth it.

I entered the indoor cycling class and saw a lot of steels and it shooked me. I was so shocked to the point of me not comprehending what the trainer is saying about the clipping of my feet to the bike. I was so embarrassed. I took the bike of someone who is late just to find out later that the person who reserved it is a news anchor of a famous tv station in the Philippines. And as I started pedalling, they were so experts while me a newb felt like wanting to get out of the class and never again get into any electric studio class ever again. I took the shower and the crew was so nice to encourage me that you never get to be perfect on your first try. And I even heard the instructors that even though it is your second or your 100th ride, there is always something that you can do to make your ride more challenging and I was reminded of my life after coming to Christ, I was never perfect on the first day  I came to Jesus, I am a work in progress until I see Christ face to face.

I tried a second time and then the third, I was hesitating to push through with the class that I cancelled it and booked it again because it was called Power Hour whichh means there is an extra 15-minutes in the bike and it scared me but again, I was surprised to see myself enjoying it that I didn’t want to leave. I was so thankful to the instructor because he was so kind to set up my bike and he was so nice to play Westlife’s, I guess it’s over. Can’t believe that I’m a fool again, I thought this love would never end, how was I to know, you never told me. But seriously, he was so perfect for my pacing. I wasn’t as good as the others in terms of fast pace but it didn’t leave me on my own. I felt like I was in a family despite of my mistakes and shortcomings in the pacing and I was reminded of a discipleship group. That I am not alone. That I can be who I am without the feeling of being judged and I can improve because someone is coaching me to be better. I thank God that someone invested in my life. Would you do it as well?

 In that studio, I met a fellow CCFer, a sister-in-Christ who has a dgroup inside the cycling community which made my heart leap for joy knowing that I am not alone in this race. But I was reminded at the same time that I am not competing with anybody. That I should not compare myself with ithers because God has a different calling for eaxh of us and that is how God is so personal, good and sovereign in our lives. I should mind my accountability before Him. Because if not, it will just get me distracted, discouraged and sidetracked. This was so true in my indoor cycling experience.

But more than our physical helath, we need to keep our spiritual health in check as well. And more importantly to finish well. I finished my bike sessions and continuing with my gym sessions.

Commitment is as some will say, big word. Billy Graham just died today and I was reminded how he was so committed to Jesus Christ that he shared to millions of people how Christ died and was buried and was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, He appeared to Peter and then to the twelve, after that, He appeared to more than five hundred. And if someone anchors his life on Jesus, He will be saved. Commitment to Jesus is a big word because He is a bug God who saved us. And as I read the tweets about Graham, I was also encouraged to give my all to Jesus so that I may finish the race and gain Him even though sometime it hurts  (Acts 20, 21),  it is my prayer that one day, I will hear Him say, well done, good and faithful servant.

May you who are reading this, come to know Jesus and commit to follow Him. Good night! ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug