Skip to main content

2017 Plot Twist

I've been itching to write here and so I am here. I looked for my laptop in the office despite of there is no work today. My heart is so full and it will burst with different emotions anytime like now, my emotions changed again.

I told you in my last blog that I feel like 2017 has been so bad for me but I realized that I should not base things on the circumstances that are happening around me. So, I moved forward with a mindset of Christ's sufficiency.

Before the year ends, the Lord has allowed me to get up early and hike with some friends at Montalban Rizal, Philippines. I've always wanted to go but the last time I was suppose to go, my mom got sick. This time, I asked her if she would allow me and she said, yes, quickly. I was at peace even though honestly I do not want to go because I do not know everyone. But, I had the motivation to buy mountaineering gears to a God-led store. I was just strolling in the mall while waiting for a friend and for the first time in 24 years of my life did I know that there is such a store named Basekamp and so, I entered hesitantly because I do not know anything about hiking. And surprisingly, I got the things I need. A pair of tights so I would not cramp and an iphone holder which I've been wanting for a long time. And here it is. O, and a raincoat, because I do not have a windbreaker and that week has been very rainy, so just in case. They have cheap items, btw. I wasn't paid to do this. HAHA. They can be found in Ayala malls. And at home, I managed to read a bluffer's guide to hiking, how serious am I?

I was surprised how the Lord did not allow me to uber from house to our meeting place with a friend so we can uber together which is cheaper. I am thankful to the Lord's protection as I went out of the house at 430am. And praise God for allowing us to share the gospel to the uber driver after.

Coming to the place, I instantly loved my brothers in Christ, no joke. Christ's love talaga binds us. <3 Huhu, I am super sepanx from them grabe.

Today, I praise the Lord that I went because it motivated me to live an active lifestyle knowing that I am not alone. Ako pa naman yung gusto lang lagi mag-isa. And it gained me new brothers in Christ. But something that will matter for eternity, it motivated me to have a lifestyle that pleases my King, my Love and the One who loved me first.

And as we end 2017, I will leave this song. Credits to the owner. https://youtu.be/HxXrV-0JqoI

May your 2018 be filled with Jesus' love and would overflow to others who needs Him as well. <3

Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’“‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’”

Will kwento more in the next blog. See you next week!

Credits to Japhet Arcedera who took and owns the photos. Thanks brod.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug