Skip to main content

The Shema

Faith in the unseen, I will never be alone because Jesus reigns in my soul. My soul surrender.

Oswald Chambers once said that the root of all sin is the suspicion that God is not good. 

When we don't trust that God is good, we are sinning. Why? Because we are not believing who God is. When we don't trust God, we worry and so we sin again. Why again? Because Jesus said in Matthew to not worry for you are valuable in God's eyes. You don't believe He loves you so you try to manipulate. Well, that was my wrong.

God brought to light how I was not trusting Him. How I was manipulating my relationships and how I am trying to controlling things in my hand so I won't be too close to a guy friend because I don't like him if ever the Lord leads us together. Number two wrong: don't assume and don't overthink. Be yourself and enjoy the relationships around you. You'll miss out so much if not.

God will and can make a way.
Why are we so afraid that God will give us the people that we don't want? It will mold us into Christ-likeness!

This week passed by so fast because of the MOVE 2016 conference. I was assigned in the help desk table. I love people, I really do. I am not being sarcastic here. I love seeing people and seeing them helped. I would not even sit in a restaurant near the clear glass because I feel like I am obligated to go out and help a person who looks like in need even though I do not know his or her personal life, baka mukha lang talaga siyang nanganagilangan pero sa totoo, di naman pala. HAHA.

God allowed me to help a group from Cordillera (a Philippine province) to get home since they aren't familiar with Manila (city in the Philippines where Move was held) and before they went home, to pray for them, may the Lord allow me to see their ministry in the mountains.

In the registration, God allowed me to meet women who have hearts for the youth who sponsored random people to the discipleship conference and experience the Lord in a different way by His grace. The Lord is so good to allow me to know these people. But at the same time, the fruit of the Spirit was tested in me. Before the start of the conference, I wrote down Galatians 5 so I would be reminded to love the people because the Lord loves them so much. The Lord must shine in us to bring Him praise (Matthew 5).

The conference is so gracious that it gave free concert along with the plenary sessions. And the whole concert, I just wanted to cry out to the Lord how I've killed people in my head and how I was a sinner yet God loves me the same. How awesome our God is. That there are no striking of lightning from heaven when we come to Him in service, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. That He is our hope.

Jesus' love is higher
Than the skies up above
Your love is wider
Than what I can dream of
Your love is deeper
It's the greatest of all 
-Citipointe

It is always tempting to judge people but we must always make our thoughts captive of Jesus. That we must always surrender it to Jesus' hands to judge. We should not cause divisions but love our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Loving God is to memorize His word. The Shema, Deuteronomy 6:4-9 is required for Jewish boys to be memorized and repeated. When we love someone, we always look at what they told you, right? We check their chats, letters and every word they say, we look for the context and think why did they write it. I was so amazed with the RZIM speaker, Dan Paterson how he quoted verses and my takehome from the conference is to study God's word and memorize them. We don't know where God will place me and I might not have the bible might as well record it in my memory. :)

Dan also said that we always ask God for specific things to do like vision that we forget what God has placed in our hands. I remember the first ever video we had for campus movement and I remember what I said which I don't know where I got it, that the general command of God is to share Jesus.

As I was in Hillsong, God was just telling me to focus on Him, focus on my family (I love them so much!!) and focus on the disciples the Lord has entrusted to me and the ministry in NU and UST. That JESUS is more than enough.         HE IS ALL THAT I NEED. stet

A missionary kid whom I met for the first time reminded me that God's word is a lamp to our feet and it is interesting to note that when you have a lamp, you just see limited sight but God sees everything, so, trust His leading step by step.

I know whom I trusted--JESUS. He is faithful. He is powerful. He resurrected from the dead.

Proverbs 8:29 "When He assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters would not transgress His command."

http://rzimmedia.rzim.org/LMPT/LMP20160528.mp3

Just like in cooking, we cannot be good cooks without applying what you watched on youtube, you must try doing it. You may fail because it is new to you. But, continue to do it.

My first time ever to make a dish.
Filipino Kare-Kare.
Baler peanut butter but Kapampangan way of cooking.
Just like in cooking ribs, we should not compromise the time for baking,
WAIT. (I won't post the photo
because we were excited to eat it 
and so the picture is all bones haha. It took 3 hours kasi. HAHA.)
Dear God, may all the people who will read this would walk in faith with You because You are worth it. May all of us trust in You. Trust in Your goodness and love. That just like the Nazirites in Numbers 6, we will live our lives set-apart for the Lord. That we will love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.

In His Pursuit,
Michelle Aquino
michellleaquino@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug