Skip to main content

Chalk the bar

I love this photo even though I fell asleep. Haha.
Why am I always sleeping this past few days in pictures? Haha.
With the Translators Association of the Philippines

One of the workshops in a mission's conference.

Philippine Map

Where is God leading you? Listen to God's leading.
Success is being excellent where God has placed you.

Glowing Map after the pins were tuck where God has placed you.

My fellow campus missionaries.

One Gospel 2014.



"Whether it is pleasant or unpleasant, we will listen to the voice of the LORD our God to whom we are sending you, so that it may go well with us when we listen to the voice of the LORD our God." Jeremiah 42:6

God's blessing does not depend on the place. As long as we are under God's will. Jeremiah has never been a book I would excitedly read because he is the weeping prophet and I feel like (especially the first part) it's all about consequences and wrath of God because of God handing over the people of Judah and Jerusalem to the Babylonians. But, God reminded me here that He is the Most High. He is in control. We don't have to make our own way for salvation from the situation we are in. Just like in Jeremiah 42, all the commanders of the forces asked Jeremiah if they can go to Egypt. They are informed from the beginning that God would restore their lands again but still they wanted to ask God through Jeremiah and they promised to listen whether it pleases what they want or it doesn't.

God told them in verse 11 not to be afraid. But still, despite the promises of God's mercy, compassion, deliverance, restoration, they chose not to obey. They went their way. Broken promised by the people.

God knew that they would fail Him yet, His promise remained to those who obeyed. To those who trusted God's promises though it wasn't seen at the moment.

The chapter ended in consequences of their disobedience.

Even though God's commandments doesn't make sense (in the world's view), continue chalking the bar. Practice walking with Him.

Even though you've messed up, stand up and do it all over again (not the sin). Chalk the bar.


From Michelle with love. <3







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Basics

This is how I look like most of the week. On my screen talking to people—- virtually. This quarantine season has changed my life- a bunch. It brought me back to reality- doing the basics. I practiced my calligraphy drills, I learned how to piano, helped in the chores more than ever, bought meds and groceries for the family, got sick with the government (thankfully, didn’t get subpoenaed), helped our neighbors and driver, guards and juliets at work, shared the gospel to a bike  boy whom I rode for consecutively, read, did some arts, cleaned the house for n number of times, worked out AND CLUNG ON TO JESUS. This season taught me that I have no good thing apatrt from Christ. And that good thing is only Christ. And I would not know that if I don’t surrender to His Lordship and His will. I would have bad dreams night after night, but I have to fight it off in the morning and walk with Jesus again. It is a conscious effort to guard what I think of and fix my gaze on the author and per

Short

In a short span of time that I got to know Tita has really impacted my life. I shall try to share specific things here so that I get to record how she has encouraged me. The only picture we got together.  I shall start with why the title is short. We were going to minister to a place where our mission trip team went a month prior my mom and I’s visit. We were walking and she made ayos my shorts after it was creased.  That was I think the first time I knew she cared.   I am usually jittery when meeting the mom of the man that I like. But with her, she made me feel comfortable. Pero at first, natakot din ako kasi I know na di ako umaarte like kung sino talaga ako, yun ang ipapakita ko. I don’t set my best foot forward because I know eventually, she would know me and she would know who I really am. I am very takot not to be accepted. Lalo na that is my fear— to not be liked by my future mother-in-law if the Lord wills. But on our vacation time, we got the news that she got sick. This has

Freedom

Grace. I don’t deserve it. This covid pandemic has somewhat hardened my heart. It has shown my worst. And I believe that this is what really is inside me which haven’t surfaced until now. My flaws were magnified and it has sounded an alarm that I need to work on myself. That because of the too many work that needs attention, I had set myself aside. Whil reading a book on emotionally healthy spirituality, it has shown me that I am no superwoman. That I cannot change the world. That I can only do so much. And God is after my being with Him more than doing things for Him. So that is what I am planning to do as this year closes. But before that, I would love to go back to what happened last July why I started this blog with one word. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me. I enjoy having my birthday with no one knowing about it except my family. Maybe because I didn’t want to expect. I grew up loving my birthdays because of my family. But, there came a point in our life where we strug